Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is said to be considering having Nia Jax & Tamina cost Ronda Rousey her match against Becky Lynch at Survivor Series, according to rajah.com.
- Speculation is also out there, from Dave Meltzer on Twitter and elsewhere (and aided by last night’s Raw closing angle), that Charlotte Flair may help Becky win to set the stage for the Horsewomen feud. Either way, there’s lots of talk about Lynch possibly winning on Sunday.
- Given how Raw ended, this WrestleVotes item was presumably about the men, but they claim there was talk of again doing an angle where SmackDown was planning to invade Monday night. The twist this year would be someone would tipping off Raw and causing Shane McMahon to look for a traitor in his own ranks.
- Shinsuke Nakamura being featured in advertising for next spring’s European tour has been taken by some as a sign WWE is confident he’ll re-up with them when his deal is up in early 2019
- Brock Lesnar isn’t expected to work December’s TLC PPV, according to Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct!