Here's a place to check results and comment along with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)'s New Year Dash!! - happening Friday, January 5, 2018 from Korakuen Hall. The show will air live during the early morning hours for United States audiences, with a replay available an hour after the main show wraps.
NJPW has their own, WWE Network like streaming service, New Japan World which can be subscribed to worldwide and that will broadcast the show. You can access NJW at this link. At current exchange rate, the service is slightly less than $9 per month. But, even better, tonight’s show will air free for everyone!
Though there won't be a U.S. pay-per-view (PPV) broadcast, NJPW has Kevin Kelly and Don Callis to provide English commentary on the World service.
That leaves the time difference from Tokyo as the major challenge. With a bell time of 6:30PM in Japan, the broadcast will start at 4:30AM Eastern / 1:30AM Pacific time in the United States.
It should be worth a sluggish day at the office, however. New Year Dash!! is perhaps most easily described as New Japan’s version of the Raw after WrestleMania— everybody that was on Wrestle Kingdom should be in attendance, you get some unusual matchups out of it, and ideally a big angle or two to boot. And, to add a little more excitement to the mix, the card will be kept secret until the show begins!
Use this space to discuss the show before, during (whenever you watch) and after with the best pro wrestling community on the internet, and we'll update the results as we have them.
- Manabu Nakanishi, TenCozy (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima), & Yuji Nagata over Ren Narita, Shota Umino, Tetsuhiro Yagi, & Tomoyuki Oka by pinfall with a lariat from Kojima on Umino.
- Suzuki-gun (El Desperado, Taichi, TAKA Michinoku, Takashi Iizuka, & Yoshinobu Kanemaru) over Henare, Hirai Kawato, Jushin Liger, Tiger Mask IV, & Togi Makabe by pinfall with Pinche Loco from Desperado on Kawato.
- “Switchblade” Jay White over Katsuya Kitamura by pinfall with Blade Runner. (Kitamura Challenge Series Match 1)
- The Elite (Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson) over Cheeseburger & Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) by pinfall with an assisted Indytaker on Cheeseburger.
- Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Cody Rhodes, Leo Tonga, Marty Scurll, & Yujiro Takahashi) over Taguchi Japan (David Finlay, Juice Robinson, Kota Ibushi, KUSHIDA, & Ryusuke Taguchi) by submission with American Nightmare from Rhodes on Finlay.
- Post-match, Cody attacks Ibushi and Bullet Club go to Pillmanize him but Omega makes the save! He and Rhodes are jawing at each other and shoving!
- Kenny cut a promo about being sick of Bullet Club’s infighting and said he had the solution— Switchblade. But when White came down and accepted a BC t-shirt, he immediately hit Blade Runner on Omega!
- Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, & Tonga Roa) over Chaos (Beretta, Tomohiro Ishii, & Toru Yano) (c) by pinfall with a Gun Stun from Tama on Beretta to win the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship.
- Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith, Jr., Lance Archer, Minoru Suzuki, & Zack Sabre, Jr.) over Hiroshi Tanahashi, Michael Elgin, & War Machine (Hanson & Ray Rowe) by pinfall with Killer Bomb from KES on Hanson.
- Post-match Suzuki continues to take his frustration out on Tanahashi’s knee before picking the IWGP Intercontinental Championship up and presumably issuing a challenge.
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, Hiromu Takahashi, SANADA, & Tetsuya Naito) over Chaos (Gedo, Hirooki Goto, Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, & YOSHI-HASHI) by pinfall with Destino from Naito on YOSHI-HASHI.
- After the match, LIJ continue the attack and SANADA chokes Okada out with Skull End.
- Naito cuts the traditional show-closing promo and says he lost, no excuses... AND CHRIS JERICHO ATTACKS!