Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- An ad showing Braun Strowman defending the Universal title at Elimination Chamber circulated online recently, but it was fan-made (Big Cass being included as an opponent along with Brock Lesnar, Cesaro, Roman Reigns and Finn Balor should have given it away) and in no way an indication Strowman is winning the belt at Royal Rumble.
- Being in Orlando made it easy for lots of wrestlers to attend SmackDown on Tuesday, but the presence of Ricochet and Tessa Blanchard was probably a sign both are joining WWE soon.
- There’s a “good chance” Bobby Lashley signs with WWE when his Impact contract is up, per Wrestling Observer.
- Wrestling Inc reports that while Enzo Amore was the only person sent home from Raw this week, several members of the roster have been sick with flu-like symptoms.
- Ring of Honor’s streaming service will be called “Honor Club”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.