Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- If The Rock can’t do WrestleMania 34, PW Insider speculates WWE may use Braun Strowman as Ronda Rousey’s tag partner against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
- According to Wrestling Observer, WWE plans to “heavily push women” now that Rousey is on board because she’s “the company’s biggest mainstream star”.
- PW Insider claims the main issue in getting Rey Mysterio back in WWE is that the company wants him on a full-time schedule and he only wants to commit to a part-time one.
- That site also reiterated previous reports of Ivory as a WWE Hall of Fame inductee this year, and add that Mark Henry is also likely for the 2018 class.
- An announcement about changing dates for one-man shows Chris Jericho had planned in the UK, including a deleted tweet saying they were moved due to “scheduling conflicts with WWE shows”, have people saying he’ll be back with WWE for a run this Summer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.