Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Sports Illustrated, New Japan was interested in signing Goldberg for a run before WWE locked him up for the Hall of Fame (and possibly more).
- EC3 cancelled a planned appearance on Jan. 28, which has increased speculation he might show up in the Royal Rumble. Several sources say he’s free and clear to sign with anyone immediately.
- Fightful.com says the expectation is that Chelsea Green/Laurel Van Ness will sign with WWE in 2018. The company was impressed with her work on Impact last year.
- A report from PW Insider says TriStar Pictures, the movie studio behind the planned Vince McMahon biopic, has a new script they’re reviewing which will be sent to Bradley Cooper upon approval. If Cooper decides to play Vince, shooting could start this Spring.
- Impact’s next PPV isn’t locked in for Toronto yet, per PW Insider, despite mentions of that during in-ring segments at their latest taping.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.