Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to HollywoodLife.com, a WWE source says Paige is struggling to accept she won’t clear her for a return to the ring: “She doesn’t really believe it and is actually hoping for a miracle to someday wrestle again.”
- Vince McMahon is not heading up Creative for Mixed Match Challenge. According to The Observer, that will be run by writer Ryan Ward.
- Bobby Lashley is under contract to Impact until Feb. 1, per PW Insider, which would be bad news for fans hoping for a Rumble surprise.
- Despite a recent round of reports saying Mark Henry retired last week, PW Insider points out Henry told them in October that he considered himself retired at that point, but that he is “like Ric [Flair]. I’m going to retire about seven or eight times.”
- Next week for Raw 25, WWE is trying to make The Manhattan Center look very much like it did when Raw premiered back in 1993.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.