Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While they knew Braun Strowman was the hot act heading into No Mercy, according to Wrestling Observer WWE stuck to its original booking as part of the long term plan for Brock Lesnar to put over Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 34.
- Finn Balor is being positioned as Lesnar’s next challenger, likely at Survivor Series or Royal Rumble.
- Dave Meltzer said on Observer Radio that Jeff Hardy’s shoulder injury happened back at Great Balls of Fire. He’d been trying to work through it.
- Cesaro received a standing ovation backstage after finishing his match at No Mercy with his front teeth pushed up into his jaw, per Wrestling Inc’s Matt Morgan.
- WWE plans to continue adding YouTube content to the Network, with episodes of Game Night and the 2K18 roster reveal recently going up.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.