Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Bobby Roode was backstage at Raw, according to PWInsider - and was the only member of the NXT roster there the site knew of. He wasn’t used, obviously, but other places have said plans call for him to debut in a big role on SmackDown, possibly tonight.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said there’s considerable backstage heat on Baron Corbin, and that’s the reason for his booking over the past week. Roode could be used in the upper mid-card/main event role Corbin was slated to occupy.
- Enzo Amore is only being held up by strong crowd reactions, says Meltzer, since “everybody” backstage hates him. If his pop cools, he could be in even bigger trouble.
- Insider reported another person said to be debuting on SmackDown soon was spotted in Brooklyn on Monday - Shelton Benjamin. Look for him to possibly appear on television tonight as well.
- Betting sites missed 5 of the 13 matches at SummerSlam, and word is that’s because the so-called “smart money” never came in. This could mean WWE has sealed a leak and the late lines won’t necessarily be spoilers going forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.