Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Contrary to previous reports, SI.com says Vince McMahon was “furious” with Shinsuke Nakamura for John Cena landing on his head and neck during an exploder suplex spot last Tuesday on SmackDown. Justin Barrasso says the CEO hasn’t lost faith in Nakamura, but “another mistake” could cause him to.
- If WWE goes ahead with plans for two Superstar Shake-Ups this year, it’s expected the next one will be shortly after SummerSlam.
- On Twitter, Nikki Bella teased being in the front row for John Cena’s match with Baron Corbin on Aug. 20, and she’ll be on the SummerSlam broadcast to promote Total Bellas, as well.
- PWInsider’s sources believe Alberto El Patron’s GFW suspension will be lifted on Aug. 17, in time for the live Destination X show and their next set of Impact taping.
- WWE and GFW’s claims on trademarks related to the Hardys have been assigned to trademark attorneys on July 28 according to PWInsider. That’s the last step before approval or denial from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.