Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, there has been talk in WWE of doing a women's Royal Rumble match next January.
- Braun Strowman is a big favorite over Roman Reigns at Great Balls of Fire, leading to speculation that WWE is sticking with the original idea of him winning. What that would mean for Roman Reigns and is SummerSlam title match is unclear.
- Apparently Alberto El Patron tried to cut a promo on WWE at a GFW Impact Wrestling taping the other night and he was drowned out by his entrance music being played louder and louder until he gave up on it.
- The plan is for GFW to debut its new titles on television on Aug. 17 at the Destination X show.
- New Japan is looking at running a big show in New Orleans on WrestleMania weekend next year, according to the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.