Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Rusev match at Battleground is a way to put John Cena over for a much bigger match currently planned for SummerSlam, though it's unclear who his opponent will be.
- The battle royal spot does indeed look like the start of a break up between The Hype Bros.
- Kazuchika Okada did indeed visit backstage at Monday Night Raw but he was only there to see friends.
- According to PW Insider, there may be a couple of former WWE stars appearing at the GFW Impact tapings this week.
- Apparently DeAngelo Williams only trained for three days to get ready for his match at Slammiversary. That explains why he almost hurt himself on the finish.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.