Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While PW Insider and the Observer have both said WWE has talked about a Superstar Shake-Up coming after SummerSlam, James McKenna of Pro Wrestling Sheet is saying the next one won't be until after WrestleMania 34.
- While plans apparently changed from Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns at SummerSlam, it's still looking likely that a title change is happening.
- One of the reasons for that title change possibly happening, if it does, is that UFC really wants to put on a Lesnar vs. Jon Jones superfight later this year.
- The speculation is that because they went with a Fatal 4-Way for the Universal title, WWE didn't want to book the same match for the Raw women's title and that's why it's Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss.
- WWE had no update on the rumored plan for a UK series or touring brand on its conference call yesterday, and the latest word is it's been pushed back indefinitely.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.