Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Great Khali was brought in to shore up support for Jinder Mahal in India.
- While plans aren’t set in stone, WWE does list Khali as an “Current Superstar” and is considering using him for a match or two, including at SummerSlam.
- The decision to have Kevin Owens beat AJ Styles to regain the title at Battleground came after the show started, as evidenced by AJ still being heavily favored at sports books after the “smart money” came in.
- Reports of a botched finish leading to an audible are false, however, as Owens music was cued and Styles stayed in the ring to sell the loss well after the bell. (UPDATE: Or not... that’s why you should take the Roundup with a grain of salt. The latest, contradictory reports - which you might want to use that same salt on - are summarized here)
- Because this is wrestling, the Vampiro/Johnny Mundo/Taya Valkyrie situation in AAA is now part of an angle, with Mundo showing up at a show last weekend to throw his titles at Vamp and tease appearing at the company’s next taping if they pay him.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.