Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Roman Reigns was planned to win this match against Samoa Joe to wrestle Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam not long ago, and there's some belief that's the case.
- Kurt Angle's secret reveal is not expected to be Dixie Carter.
- SI is saying Vince McMahon hasn't been appearing at WWE television tapings as much as he used to and he "doesn't have the presence he once did."
- The speculation is WWE already has something worked out with Cris Cyborg for at least an appearance, and that's why she's feuding with Becky Lynch on Twitter.
- According to Sports Illustrated, the deal in place for the Hardys to buy the rights to the Broken gimmick was for between $10-15,000, a non-disparagement clause with Reby Hardy (where she would fined for tweeting negatively about GFW), and a press release announcing the settlement came on good terms. The Hardys balked at the deal when Anthem asked for 50-percent of all revenue, including even on Jeff's music and art.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.