Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Kurt Angle’s mystery text may be a way to bring back not only Stephanie McMahon, but Triple H, too.
- There’s no timetable for Daniel Bryan to return from paternity leave and rejoin SmackDown.
- Hideo Itami’s contract with WWE is up later this year, and there’s speculation that may be the end of his injury-plagued run with the company. This rumor seemed to trigger the interview on this week’s NXT where Itami denied he would return to Japan after losing at TakeOver: Chicago.
- WWE held mandatory trainings for talent focused on cyber security at this week’s tapings, according to PWInsider. These were basically “how not to get hacked” classes.
- Superstars were also required to sign an updated social media policy. Details weren’t revealed, but one requirement is believed to be that no one have access to accounts except the talent whose name is on them and the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.