Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Wrestling Observer notes WWE is working to plant seeds for a possible Roman Reigns vs. Undertaker match at SummerSlam. It’s not confirmed, but it’s what the company wants fans to think.
- Daniel Bryan’s return to SmackDown will also feature a major SummerSlam announcement, says The Observer.
- Both of those rumors are because WWE wants the August PPV to be huge, to the point of acknowledging they’ve been coasting, but “the big stuff starts to happen soon”.
- John Cena’s expected to have more creative freedom than ever for his upcoming run as a “free agent” per Sportskeeda, and has expressed an interest in working with younger stars.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Becky Lynch let slip that MMA fighter & indie wrestler Shayna Bazler is set to be announced for the Mae Young Classic.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.