Welcome to the weekly Rumor Look Back, where we look at the rumors from six months ago and see which played out as originally predicted. Let’s get right to it.
- The King revealed he is essentially the permanent Master of Ceremonies for their annual pre-WrestleMania Hall of Fame ceremony.
- This is the case. Remember when there was that rumor years ago that Eva Marie would take his place? (1/1)
- There was a rumor going around that Hall of Famer Harley Race had been moved to a nursing home due to declining health. PWInsider says he has been moved to an in-patient facility, but for the purpose of stepping up physical therapy to assist with mobility - not because he’s at death’s door.
- Unfortunately, Race had a recent accident where he broke both legs. Our thoughts are with him hoping for a strong recovery.
- Ring of Honor issued a press release saying Nigel McGuinness had resigned from his position as matchmaker for the promotion. The resignation, like the matchmaker job, is kayfabe.
- He was calling the WWE UK Tournament within a month so it’s not that kayfabe. (0/1)
- That said, PWInsider reports the announcement was made in case ROH needs him to take over commentary for Steve Corino... or in case McGuiness follows Corino to a trainer position in WWE Developmental.
- He did leave for WWE. I don’t know if he does any training. He’s an NXT announcer.
- Ring of Honor is looking to grow their women’s division and wants to lock up several regulars. They’re also said to be targeting NXT regular Deonna Purrazzo.
- For my viewing experience, it doesn’t seem like anything is different. I spoke to ReverendKain who doesn’t think they’ve done much more than they’ve done in the past. (0/1)
- Former X-Division champ Tigre Uno recently revealed he’s no longer with TNA.
- He was one of the few people in the X Division for years.
- John Cena is expected to enter the WWE world title scene immediately upon his return in two weeks.
- Yes, he returned and immediately challenged AJ Styles for the WWE championship. (1/1)
- Don't be surprised if The New Day lose the Raw tag team titles here soon now that they've broken Demolition's record.
- It was pretty much immediately after. (1/1)
- WWE decided to push Emmalina's debut back a week so they could get through the Roadblock pay-per-view before introducing her to the division.
- While why they pushed it back is still not known for sure, the rumor was they felt she wasn’t committed enough to the role.
- PW Insider is reporting New Japan is looking at running the G1 Climax tournament in Long Beach, California in 2017.
- At first I was like, “Hey, this is correct!” Then I realized that the special they are holding in Long Beach this year isn’t technically the G1 Climax but instead a special prior to the start of it. Here’s the line up for the Long Beach shows. (0/1)
- WWE has no plans for a 2016 Slammy Awards show, according to PWInsider.
- There wasn’t one. The brand split probably complicated things. I didn’t miss it. (1/1)
- Eli Drake of TNA is a name WWE is hoping to sign in the new year, says Wrestling Observer.
- He re-signed with TNA earlier in 2016. I don’t know how long that contract was for. He’s still currently with Impact but we’re only halfway through the year.
- Naomi and Jey Uso’s ankle injuries will likely keep them out until the same post-Christmas Madison Square Garden show at which AJ Styles is supposed to return.
- Looks like the Usos performed that show (though in a multi-team match) but Naomi did not. (1/2)
- Alexa Bliss is teasing her first WWE merchandise for a Friday release.
- Indeed. (1/1)
- Goldberg and Brock Lesnar are going to appear on multiple episodes of Raw in January.
- That’s true. (1/1)
- WWE still has plans to run a Chris Jericho vs. Kevin Owens program before the former leaves in 2017 to do work with Fozzy.
- It was a WrestleMania feud and spilled into Payback. (1/1)
- Cesaro & Sheamus are likely the team who will win the tag team titles from The New Day, maybe as soon as Roadblock.
- That is true. They’ve since lost them and won them back as heels. (2/2)
- The entire point of the Enzo-Lana stuff was to build to a Big Cass vs. Rusev feud.
- I wouldn’t really say that happened as a big one on one feud. It was more a feud that mixed in Enzo and Jinder. A big feud would include a PPV match. (0/1)
- There's apparently some talk that the "10" chant fans do for Tye Dillinger could be a negative.
- Who knows. Fans dig it. He’s on SmackDown now but hasn’t been on TV for a bit.
- Expect at least one title change at Roadblock this weekend.
- The New Day lost the tag titles to Cesaro and Sheamus. Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks in the Iron Man match as well. (1/1)
- Chris Jericho, AJ Styles, and Randy Orton are all off the weekend WWE house shows.
- This looks true from what I can find. (1/1)
- Lana may be moving down to NXT to wrestle more regularly for a short run not unlike Eva Marie.
- She worked the house shows but she didn’t work NXT like Eva did. She has a title shot tonight. (0/1)
- Zack Ryder's reconstructive knee surgery was said to go well and he's expected to be out for about six months.
- Wow. It was pretty much exactly six months as he has his first back match tonight. (1/1)
- Timothy Thatcher should be back from his concussion here soon.
- I asked my man Rev, who said he was back Jan 20. (1/1)
This week: 14/20 - 70%
Overall: 1,553/2,862 - 54.3%
Have a great week, everyone!