Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Whoever wins the Fatal 5Way at Extreme Rules is in for a short, losing feud with Brock Lesnar. Wrestling Observer Radio says plans are full speed ahead for Braun Strowman to face Brock for the Universal title at SummerSlam.
- The angle started on the latest Raw with Corey Graves, Kurt Angle and a mystery text will likely be used, at least in part, to bring Stephanie McMahon back to television.
- Lots of chatter about Monday night’s other mystery, and most of it is focused on Big Cass being revealed as Enzo Amore’s attacker to start a heel singles push.
- WWE is said to be working on Snapchat original programming, per PWInsider, with a goal of releasing new content monthly after a SummerSlam launch.
- There’s also an AMA-style show coming to WWE Network, with Jeff Hardy set to be an early guest.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.