Welcome to the weekly Rumor Look Back, where we look at the rumors from six months ago and see which played out as originally predicted. Let’s get right to it.
- Don’t be surprised if Sasha Banks and Charlotte continue feuding after their historic night at Hell in a Cell.
- They switched the titles one more time before it was all said and done. (1/1)
- John Cena is no longer advertised for Survivor Series, and its now believed American Grit filming will mean he’s completely gone until December.
- This is true. He wasn’t on the Survivor Series show. (1/1)
- Plans call for Sheamus & Cesaro to continue on as a tag team for the remainder of the year.
- And into this year. They recently turned heel at the expense of the Hardys. (1/1)
- Billy Corgan is not expected to win his lawsuit against TNA, and will likely not be associated with the promotion after the decision comes down.
- Accurate. He just bought the rights to the NWA. (1/1)
- Vince McMahon approved the Women’s title as the last match for Hell in a Cell on Saturday night. Up until then it was pencilled in to be the Universal title.
- The Universal title was the least of the Cell matches that deserved to be there.
- Paige is considering starting a weekly YouTube "video diary" chronicling her life with Alberto Del Rio.
- I think many of us can be thankful that didn’t happen. (0/1)
- It does appear that with her Wellness suspension over and filming on her movie wrapped, Eva Marie will be back on SmackDown in the next month or so.
- We haven’t seen her since and there’s words she won’t be coming back when he contract expires. (0/1)
- Maria Kanellis-Bennett says she’s leaving wrestling soon. She’s been in graduate school and planned on making a change at some point, but TNA’s recent issues are likely speeding up her timetable.
- She left TNA but there’s rumor she’ll be in WWE soon. So I’ll sit on this for awhile.
- Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho are still going to do a break up angle and it may get started proper at Survivor Series leading into the Roadblock event in December. They teased it earlier though.
- They did the angle but waited until early spring. (1/2)
- There was apparently some hope that Finn Bálor could be ready in time to make a surprise appearance in the Royal Rumble but it looks like that likely won't happen.
- It didn’t. (1/1)
- Asuka isn't likely to be called up to the main roster anytime soon, if at all. The plan right now is to keep her down there to help develop other women.
- She’s down there and is still champion so it’ll be a couple weeks at least and likely a little more. (1/1)
- According to PW Insider, there's talk of Spirit Squad getting a full time role with WWE moving forward.
- That didn’t happen. I saw them on Ring of Honor recently working as the Spirit Squad. (0/1)
- Billy Corgan and TNA are not done just yet, as it's expected there will be continuing issues between the two sides. For now, TNA will continue on business as usual. Most of the wrestlers in TNA were apparently not happy with the Corgan ruling.
- There were some issues about payment that played out on Twitter the next day. (1/1)
- Charlotte Flair’s pay-per-view (PPV) win streak will be the major story of Raw’s Women’s division for the foreseeable future, but the idea is to make a big star by having someone finally break it - probably at WrestleMania 33.
- It was a story for awhile, but the end was a fizzle that was disappointing and not a star making moment. (1/2)
- A graphic said to be from WWE.com was floating around showing Sami Zayn as the fifth member of Raw’s Survivor Series team yesterday, but that spot is most likely still going to Seth Rollins.
- It was Rollins. (1/1)
- TNA’s Davey Richards announced he’s retiring in 2017. The news was met with skepticism, as Richards has “retired” several times in the past.
- He’s still wrestling but we’ll see.
- There's a belief now that Undertaker will work WrestleMania 33 next year, and possibly promote it as his final match.
- He did work it but it wasn’t promoted as his final match, even though it looks like it was. (1/2)
- Sami Zayn could be the Raw star to answer Dolph Ziggler's Intercontinental title open challenge.
- He was. (1/1)
- According to the Observer, there's talk of WWE trying to get a UFC star for WrestleMania 33 in Orlando.
- There was no UFC presence. Not that there was time for one. (0/1)
- We won't know who is wrestling Dolph Ziggler at Survivor Series until the night of the show.
- It was announced prior. (0/1)
- The Observer notes the women's tournament is going to be taped in either January or March.
- It hasn’t been taped yet. Word is in the summer. (0/1)
- It doesn't look like Neville will be moving to the cruiserweight division, at least not anytime soon.
- He’s cruiserweight champion. (0/1)
This Week: 12/22 - 55%
October 2016: 34/75 - 45%
Overall: 1,479/2,734 - 54.1%
Have a great week, everyone!