Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Hardys hired lawyers in April to negotiate with Anthem about the “Broken” gimmick, according to PWInsider and Pro Wrestling Sheet, but Impact officials didn’t agree to meet with them until last week.
- According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, in exchange for ownership of the act, the Hardys offered to agree not to sue Anthem for “a litany of alleged claims they have stemming from their time there”.
- Despite what Ed Nordholm said, WWE is interested in the gimmick - for merchandising purposes if nothing else.
- The New Day are expected to feud with The Usos for the tag titles as soon as they return to SmackDown.
- TLC 2017, SmackDown’s December PPV, is rumored to be in Boston on the 17th.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.