Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The decision to put the title on Jinder Mahal at Backlash came two hours before showtime, per Sportskeeda. Betting odds fluctuations seem to back that up.
- Further, WWE was ready to start a Randy Orton vs. Rusev World title program Sunday night - even asking the Bulgarian Brute to fly to Chicago.
- There’s a contingent backstage who wants Rusev to win Money in the Bank, however, and his being pulled from SmackDown last Tuesday and the title change to Mahal puts that “back in play”.
- The Tommaso Ciampa/Johnny Gargano break-up angle was done in part because WWE eventually wants to use them as singles performers on the main roster.
- Following 5 Star Wrestling’s offer of one million dollars for CM Punk to wrestle for them, there was a brief stir yesterday when owner Daniel Hinkles Twitter account announced Punk accepted the offer. However, Hinkles was apparently hacked and the Tweet was definitely bogus.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.