Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Apparently a big reason John Cena's WrestleMania 33 match was changed from Undertaker to the mixed tag was because WWE believed the proposal would mean more than the Undertaker match.
- Braun Strowman vs. Brock Lesnar is planned for the future but it won't be happening at Payback.
- Speaking of Payback, the Observer notes Chris Jericho may not actually wrestle on the show and if he doesn't, Finn Balor would likely replace him. Even if he does, Balor vs. Owens looks to be the direction moving forward.
- The reason you never heard anyone in WWE call it "Camping World Stadium" at WrestleMania 33 is because Vince McMahon told everyone they had to say "Citrus Bowl."
- The idea may be for Drew McIntyre to be the top babyface in NXT going forward.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.