Welcome to the weekly Rumor Look Back, where we look at the rumors from six months ago and see which played out as originally predicted. Let’s get right to it.
- While Seth Rollins is working more as a babyface these days, the company still has plans for a traditional, full-blown, obvious turn in the coming months.
- I would say that never happened. His turn was always gradual and never a big babyface turning moment. And apologize to Roman and Dean, dammit! (0/1)
- WWE officials are extremely high on Dana Brooke, and plan to use her current program with Charlotte as a means to push her as the top babyface on Raw - over Bayley or Sasha Banks.
- That hasn’t happened at all. (0/1)
- Dean Ambrose is expected to take time off to film a new WWE Studios project after Oct. 9’s No Mercy.
- Going through ReverendKain’s fabulous live blogs, it looks like Dean Ambrose missed zero time. This is when the story with James Ellsworth started up. (0/1)
- The similarities between Ryback and his nemesis CM Punk continue - the Big Guy is in talks for a mixed martial arts fight with Bellator.
- It didn’t happen but we have confirmation that the talks happened and it was financials that kept it from happening. (1/1)
- WWE plans to have Sasha Banks reclaim the Women’s title (but maybe not until Hell in a Cell) as she probably never would have dropped it back to Charlotte if they knew her injuries weren’t that serious.
- She did reclaim it but not at Hell in a Cell. Instead she lost it at that show. (1/2)
- WWE had plans to make Roman Reigns a heel as part of a double-turn with Seth Rollins. While the Rollins part is still ongoing, the decision was made to keep pushing Roman as a good guy.
- It’ll never happen.
- Luke Harper’s advertised for house shows in South America in October. These are Raw events - further evidence he’s coming back to Monday nights soon.
- Maybe they changed their minds. Maybe it was a swerve. But he’s a SmackDown guy. (0/1)
- Seth Rollins was injured enough that WWE didn't want him to get physical on Raw this week but he's not expected to miss any actual television time.
- He did not. (1/1)
- Although Ryback is in talks with Bellator about possibly doing MMA, it doesn't look likely he'll end up doing it. If it does, it likely won't be anytime soon.
- He didn’t. (1/1)
- The speculation now is that The New Day will be breaking Demolition's record for longest run with the tag team titles. That would be why they were pushing the comparison so hard on Raw this week.
- They did and then lost in the very next defense to Cesaro and Sheamus. (1/1)
- If WWE did end up purchasing TNA, the word is there are only a few wrestlers they would want to bring on as regular talents, including Matt Hardy.
- That didn’t happen. But we may still get Matt Hardy in WWE again.
- It’s possible Cesaro’s contract is up soon, and the Sheamus tag team is a way to use him while he’s locked up without pushing him in case he opts to not re-sign. If he decides to leave, the team will be broken up to write him off and elevate the Irishman.
- He re-signed and is still teaming with Sheamus.
- Dolph Ziggler, on the other hand, has at least a year left on his deal. But it’s possible he could lose to Miz at No Mercy, take time off and return with a different gimmick.
- He beat the Miz at No Mercy. (0/1)
- In other news from the division, Noam Dar is expected to debut on Raw in October. Gran Metalik (Máscara Dorada) will likely not be back until he finishes up commitments in his native Mexico.
- Dar debuted in November. Metalik took awhile to show up. (1/2)
- The Observer notes that WWE STILL has the idea of building support for Roman Reigns -- this time through feuding with Rusev over the US title -- leading to the coronation of him as the top star in the company.
- I don’t think that the Rusev feud did anything to help build any support for Roman, at least with fans who weren’t already supporting him.
- WWE will likely add a Nikki Bella vs. Carmella No Disqualification match and a Baron Corbin vs. Jack Swagger match to the upcoming No Mercy event.
- Nikki vs. Carmella was a regular match but happened. As did Corbin and Swagger. (2/3)
- PW Insider is saying San Antonio, Texas has been talked about for the location for the Royal Rumble next year. The Observer, meanwhile, is still saying it will take place in Los Angeles and the announcement will be made during Raw next week.
- PWI was right. It was San Antonio. (1/2)
- According to the Observer, everyone involved at TNA wants Dixie Carter out and she has made a mess of the sale.
- I wonder if they were hoping Jarrett would come back.
- Apparently the idea behind Cesaro and Sheamus teaming up was because some of the writers wanted to recreate The Varsity Club, according to the Observer.
- This is the second Varsity Shooters Club rumor in as many weeks, this one on Raw and the other on SmackDown.
- The Observer notes WWE is planning a "joint-branded Holiday spectacular show" in Providence days after Thanksgiving.
- Looks like it was just a Raw show. (0/1)
- Although he's appearing in the Dusty Classic, Kota Ibushi has not signed with WWE.
- He was just in as a free agent. (1/1)
This week: 10/20 - 50%
September 2016: 48/94 - 51%
Overall: 1,433/2,635 - 54.4%
Have a great week, everyone! Enjoy Mania!