Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Brock Lesnar will be working more pay-per-view shows this year, especially if WWE decides to keep him champion until WrestleMania 34.
- The New Day may not debut on SmackDown Live until Kofi Kingston is ready to return from injury.
- The Observer notes that all talks of WWE possibly buying Ring of Honor are now dead, but there are still talks related to licensing old content for use on the Network.
- Jim Ross will work about 40 dates for WWE throughout the year, though it's still unclear what those dates will be. It is expected he'll commentate some pay-per-view shows.
- According to the Observer, there are plans for a slow build to an Authors of Pain vs. Heavy Machinery feud.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.