Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the wake of the Seth Rollins injury news, WWE held an impromptu creative meeting yesterday to discuss plans, according to Wrestling Observer Radio. Fastlane was supposed to feature Rollins vs. Samoa Joe, so re-booking that is their first priority.
- Regarding Mania, one idea pitched was for Samoa Joe to face Triple H, says Bryan Alvarez.
- Trips is apparently adamant about working WrestleMania 33 in Orlando because of NXT’s association to the town and the Performance Center being located there.
- MLW, who first broke the news of Lucha Underground being on Netflix, shot down talk the series would completely move from El Rey to the streaming service for new episodes and seasons. The current deal is only for seasons 1 & 2 to be available via Netflix.
- WWE is contacting talent in Asia about a tournament show there, but cautioning about limited outside bookings if they sign, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.