Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Plans for the Women’s title at Fastlane aren’t set in stone, as WWE is currently weighing several ways to get to the rumored Fatal 4Way at WrestleMania 33.
- Samoa Joe vs. Sami Zayn is the new direction for Fastlane, a plan WWE switched to when Seth Rollins was injured and ruled out for the Mar. 5 show.
- WWE may not have pulled advertising indicating Sami Zayn would face Chris Jericho at Fastlane in order to keep the “Festival of Friendship” break-up of JeriKO a surprise.
- Despite reports that Roman Reigns was “a little banged up” by a Samoa Joe powerslam in the main event of the Feb. 6 Raw, there’s no backstage heat on the recent call-up.
- Neither Vince nor Shane McMahon were in Phoenix for Elimination Chamber on Sunday, per PWInsider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.