Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There are places reporting that WWE has banned the GTS after Brian Kendrick was injured by the move Monday on Raw, supported by Hideo Itami using the Rings of Saturn submission as his finisher on Tuesday’s 205 Live.
- Itami using Neville’s finisher is also being seen as a sign that talks with the former Cruiserweight champ about returning to WWE are dead.
- A Cesaro singles push could be on hold because WWE is using The Bar and tag wrestling to prolong Sheamus’ career as he deals with spinal stenosis, says SI.com.
- While rumors she asked for her release persist, Laurel Van Ness/Chelsea Green is under contract to Impact until June of 2018. PW Insider takes that to mean her request was not granted.
- It’s expected New Japan will unveil their new video game at next week’s Wrestle Kingdom Fan Fest.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.