Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There are increasing talks of Batista coming back for something like a six-month run to close out his career in WWE, per the Observer.
- Becky Lynch is expected to return to SmackDown possibly as early as next week but definitely by early January.
- Per the Observer, Randy Orton is really happy with his place in WWE right now, considering he's getting a lot of time off but still being booked well.
- There likely won't be any NXT call ups until after WrestleMania -- even if there are cameo appearances in either Royal Rumble match -- but No Way Jose, Authors of Pain, and The Iconic Duo are all names on the list who are expected to come up next.
- According to PW Insider, there are plans to do an advance screening of "Fighting with My Family," the movie centered on Paige, over WrestleMania 34 week in New Orleans.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.