Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A Twitter user named Brad Shepard got a rumor started last night that Vince McMahon is bringing the XFL back and could announce it on Jan. 25, 2018.
- The same person is saying Goldberg will headline the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame.
- Apparently it was the network's idea to run NXT on Wednesday night on USA this week and WWE jumped on it.
- Officials at Impact Wrestling were upset with Rockstar Spud for signing with WWE, per the Observer, apparently because the company spent a lot of money to get his visa issues resolved and then he quit and went to the competition.
- The Observer notes the plan is for Lucha Underground to film its next season starting on Feb. 16, 2018.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.