Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE apparently shot the SmackDown invasion of Raw before the show went on the air and even re-shot some footage to make the fighting look more physical, like a real beatdown.
- It's been noted by the Observer that WWE tested out a Rusev-Tye Dillinger double turn and it was received well.
- According to the Observer, the UFC television deal will likely "serve as a benchmark for the value of" the upcoming WWE television negotiations.
- Lio Rush's poorly timed joke tweet about Emma shortly after she was released was apparently bad enough that there was talk he could be released by WWE, per the Observer. It appears his apology was sufficient enough to save his job but there's still a lot of heat on him.
- Impact is trying to get another working relationship with Ring of Honor going.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.