Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- It's not expected that WWE will get to Roman Reigns winning the Universal championship at WrestleMania by winning the Royal Rumble next year.
- It's likely, then, that a SmackDown star will win that match and go on to challenge for WWE title at WrestleMania 34.
- The Observer notes that Kurt Angle was "banged up" following his match during the UK tour and that's why he did so little in the Survivor Series main event.
- Dave Meltzer noted in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that "several" have noted to him that more booking plans within WWE have changed over the past month than any month they can remember.
- WarGames may become an annual Survivor Series weekend tradition, per the Observer, who note there were talks of that immediate following the match, which was a big success.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.