Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon made the call to promote the five NXT women this week because he felt the Raw and SmackDown women’s divisions “had gotten stale”, per Pro Wrestling Sheet.
- Mandy Rose was the first name mentioned since ideas have been pitched for her before.
- Finn Balor was never in the mix for a Royal Rumble shot at Brock Lesnar, says SI.com, who otherwise confirm reports Vince McMahon is not high on the Irish Superstar.
- McMahon is said to like “The Demon” gimmick, but otherwise SI believes Balor is headed toward a role similar to Dolph Ziggler’s.
- WWE is looking to do more back-to-back nights where Raw and SmackDown will film from the same city and building in 2018, according to PWInsider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.