Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- JoJo Offerman’s mother denies her daughter is sick, but Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet says the viral meningitis scare at Raw is “is very real and could definitely affect the TLC card.”
- AJ Styles missed SmackDown’s first live event in Argentina on Thursday due to illness, but it’s said to be an unrelated stomach bug. He’s supposed to be cleared for Friday’s show.
- Tom Phillips got married last weekend and his absence from SmackDown this week was because he was on his honeymoon, according to WrestlingNews.co
- With Lucha Underground season three finishing its run on El Rey, Ricochet is again teasing signing with another televised company, with a lot of speculation focused on WWE.
- However, this week’s Observer says WWE’s spending cuts mean they won’t be bringing in many big names, or they’ll be offering lowball contracts in negotiations.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.