Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s renewed talk of tension between Stephanie McMahon & Triple H and Shane McMahon, some of it claiming Shane has gained some measure of influence on Creative even though he’s only currently working under a talent contract.
- While she wasn’t the person under the mask last Tuesday, Mickie James will likely be introduced to SmackDown via the La Luchadora angle.
- The Revival are considered locks for main roster promotion in the early part of 2017, and there’s a lot of discussion about Tye Dillinger and Liv Morgan being brought up soon, as well.
- With a new class coming in and the United Kingdom push about to get underway, there is concern among talent not currently being utilized at WWE Developmental that a wave of roster cuts is forthcoming.
- Jay Lethal recently re-signed with Ring of Honor, and says he never had discussions with WWE as ROH made an offer attractive enough to keep him from looking at other options.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.