Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Undertaker is the early favorite to win the Royal Rumble.
- Kenny Omega’s contract with New Japan is said to be up at the end of this month, and he does not have a new deal signed.
- TNA is again planning to run house shows this Summer, and is back in the planning stages of an India tour and possibly having a presence in Orlando during Mania week.
- A situation popped up on Twitter yesterday when 411mania’s TJ Hawke reported talk of Ring of Honor (ROH) somehow blocking wrestlers who’ve worked for them, like Kyle O’Reilly, from signing with WWE. ROH issued a statement categorically denying the rumor.
- Talk of injured New England Patriots’ star Rob Gronkowski working WrestleMania got enough traction that SI.com asked him about. Mojo Rawley’s friend said he hadn’t been approached by WWE, but was open to the idea.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.