Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite whispers to the contrary, everyone involved knew the finish of Monday night’s Universal title match, according to the Observer. Kevin Owens, Mick Foley, Seth Rollins & Stephanie McMahon are just such good actors, they fooled a lot of insiders.
- Also from Wrestling Observer, the main event promises Vince McMahon made to Alberto Del Rio included pairing him with Paul Heyman to turn him into the Latino babyface replacement for Rey Mysterio.
- Both SI.com and the Observer note that WWE was never planning on building to a Miz/Daniel Bryan match. The intent was always to get heat on Miz for his feud with Dolph Ziggler, and beyond.
- PWInsider says that while it’s too early to know for sure, a Royal Rumble return for Finn Bálor seems doubtful. Finn told Jim Ross he’s planning to be out six months; Insider says it could be more like 8 - 9.
- After reporting earlier this Summer the Dudley Boyz had re-signed with WWE, PWInsider now says they only had verbal agreements to stay. It’s unclear why those contracts weren’t executed, since all terms were said to be agreed upon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.