Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Current plans call for Finn Bálor to upset Seth Rollins at SummerSlam to become the first WWE Universal champion. Both Vince McMahon & Triple H are backing him for the spot.
- Unsuprisingly, the same reports predicting a Bálor win say they'll be making Raw's Universal belt the top prize in the company, with SmackDown's WWE World title losing some luster.
- Heading into their contract negotiations, there was apparently some heat on Paul Heyman within WWE for his numerous outside projects and that he was pursuing them without the company and not with the Network.
- A PWInsider report also says the two sides were pretty far apart on money, but Brock Lesnar wanted him there and instructed WWE to make it happen.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet clarifies that Nikki Bella has not been cleared for a return, only to train - and that is being closely monitored to see how much wrestling she can do in the future.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.