Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE applied to trademark "King of the Ring" as an event name late last month, according to PW Insider, so they may be bringing that back.
- The Eva Marie injury on SmackDown last night was storyline and she's not really hurt.
- Although it hasn't been confirmed by anyone at WWE, Dave Meltzer has noted they will add tag team titles to SmackDown soon.
- Here's a fun one, also from Meltzer: Apparently the social media posts from Paige on her relationship with Alberto Del Rio have led to Del Rio getting in trouble in some way and that could be why they were put on separate brands.
- Kalisto may have hurt his knee at SmackDown last night, as he was helped to the back by trainers following the match with Baron Corbin and Apollo Crews.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.