Welcome to the weekly Rumor Look Back where we see what the hot rumors were six months ago and if they played out like originally speculated. Let’s get right to it.
- Despite some buzz to the contrary, the plan for Enzo Amore, Colin Cassady and Carmella's introduction to the main roster has always been targeted for after WrestleMania 32.
- That’s when it happened for all three, though not together as Carmella was drafted to SmackDown and the boys are on Raw. (1/1)
- Count Randy Orton out for WrestleMania, as Ric Flair said on his podcast that the injury is more serious than expected.
- That’s true. Orton didn’t come back until last month
for a marquee match against Brock Lesnarto get his skull beaten by Brock Lesnar. This isn’t the first rumor I have concerning Randy Orton where the source is Ric Flair. I wonder if the guys are pretty close. They were in Evolution together. (1/1)
- The currently injured Kota Ibushi has reportedly left New Japan and DDT to seek work as a free agent around the world when he’s able to wrestle.
- Ibushi is currently one of the stars of WWE’s Cruiserweight Classic. Most recently, he said that he has not signed with WWE full time, but he’d be a great fit for the Raw cruiserweight division.
- The Observer is still saying that there will be a guest referee in the WWE title match at WrestleMania.
- There was not. Not to say Mike Chioda isn’t special or anything. (0/1)
- There's reportedly some thought to putting Daniel Bryan in the Hall of Fame immediately. If they go that route, it'd be an indication WWE didn't think Sting was enough of a draw, and Bryan would headline.
- He did not. In fact, he didn’t even make it to WrestleMania as HBK had to replace him at Axxess events. (0/1)
- History Channel is advertising an appearance by WWE Hall of Famer Sunny on Pawn Stars this week. Tammy Sytch denies she appears on the show, where she'd allegedly be trying to sell her Hall of Fame ring.
- Sunny was right in this case. She was not on Pawn Stars. Paul Bearer’s son was on there trying to see his father’s Hall of Fame ring.
- The Observer notes that the deal with Shane McMahon came together in the last few weeks.
- Following rumors, I believe that. It was only the last couple weeks that rumors focused on a mystery opponent that wasn’t on the roster. Prior to that, it was rumors about big Braun Strowman.
- It looks like Goldberg won’t be one of the legends to work WrestleMania this year.
- That’s accurate. It was really just Rock, Mick Foley, Stone Cold Steve Austin, and HBK. Goldberg was rumored to work SummerSlam but that wasn’t true. Some fans were angry. (1/1)
- AJ Styles and Chris Jericho may be working a tag team for a short time going forward.
- Like a VERY short time since they broke up on March 7 after losing to the New Day. Sorry if you bought the shirt. (1/1)
- Apparently WWE is very happy with JBL’s WWE Network show and will put more emphasis on it going forward.
- That show is still on? I think it is right? If I’m asking that question, there hasn’t been more emphasis on it. (0/1)
- According to Bryan Alvarez, we can expect an "edgier" product from WWE as far as language and blood and what not at least in the lead up to WrestleMania 32.
- I don’t think this is true. The only “edgy” thing was maybe that Brock/Orton bit at the end of SummerSlam, but in general, the product hasn’t been any more edgy. (0/1)
- Shane McMahon is only expected to work with WWE through WrestleMania, according to the Observer. He's a "short-term performer," though there is some behind-the-scenes stuff going on right now.
- He’s still around as the SmackDown Live commissioner. He may be working a program with Brock Lesnar. Maybe. (0/1)
- For what it’s worth, there’s no change in plans to crown Roman Reigns champion at WrestleMania and the latest Observer Newsletter notes that the plan is for him to be a top babyface for years to come.
- Roman won the title at Mania. As for his plans for years to come, I’ll have to hold on that. That looked to be slightly derailed with his suspension as he was recently working a midcard feud with Rusev. Though he could win the title next week so we’ll find out.
- According to the Observer, Charlotte vs. Sasha Banks is almost certainly the planned Divas title match for WrestleMania 32, and New Day vs. League of Nations is also on the books.
DivasWomen’s title was a triple threat match with Becky. New Day vs. the Lads was the tag match up (non-title.) (1/2)
- Furthermore, The Rock, Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, and Mick Foley are all currently scheduled for appearances on the show.
- Yes to all of them. (5/5)
- As of now, it doesn’t look like WWE is planning a brand split of any kind.
- Well, they went full bore and did it last month. (0/1)
- Shane McMahon will be fighting against Undertaker at WrestleMania and won’t be using a proxy. That means if John Cena is ready to compete, he won’t be filling in.
- Shane did not use any proxy. He fought the match and did a wild elbow off the top of the cell structure. (1/1)
- Shinsuke Nakamura will be working NXT for awhile before getting called up.
- I’ll give this another six months. If he’s not up by Mania, I’ll grade this as correct. He just won the NXT title so he probably will be in NXT for a little while longer.
- Lucha Underground will not be running any show during WrestleMania weekend in the Dallas area as had been rumored at various times.
- They did not. (1/1)
- Don’t be surprised if Undertaker turns heel and aligns with Vince McMahon for his Mania match.
- That didn’t happen. Taker hated both guys evenly and fought for his own legacy. (0/1)
- While Roman Reigns will miss next Raw in Nashville, he will be back for Raw in Chicago the week after.
- Roman missed the Chicago show and returned the week after in Pittsburgh. (0/1)
- The Fabulous Freebirds are expected to be the next announced WWE Hall of Fame inductees.
- It was announced two days later. (1/1)
- Davey Richards is expected to miss at least 6 months due to his ACL injury.
- He tweeted that he has another doctors appointment on the 23rd to be cleared, so it would be at least 6 months. (1/1)
This week: 14/23
Overall: 1,031/1,935 - 53.3%
Have a great week, everyone!