Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Multiple sites are saying the Miz/Daniel Bryan segment from Talking Smack which has everyone talking was "part shoot". Wrestling Observer says both guys knew where they were going with their promos, but let reality slip in a bit.
- PWInsider reports Triple H, Mark Carrano, Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman were part of a meeting during SummerSlam where the finish of the Lesnar/Randy Orton match was "negotiated". Interesting that Orton was not confirmed to be at the meeting.
- A gossip magazine is reporting that the Vin Diesel/Dwayne Johnson beef from the set of Fast 8 was played up as a publicity stunt and could end in a match or angle for The Rock at WrestleMania 33 - which happens right before the movie comes out.
- Vince was said to be very excited by the reaction Bayley got, and has been comparing her to AJ Lee.
- Big Cass is also getting high marks backstage.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.