Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Following up on a rumor from a few weeks back, Triple H is said to be behind the heat on Alberto Del Rio, telling Vince McMahon WWE should part ways with the Mexican Superstar because he parties too much and is a bad influence on Paige.
- WWE had scripts written for SummerSlam guest appearances by both Paige VanZant and the Muppets. The Dancing with the Stars star decided to focus on her next UFC fight, while PWInsider says the Disney-owned characters had a "scheduling issue" (they’re busy puppets).
- The name for Raw’s new top belt, the Universal title, is said to be really unpopular backstage.
- After some back and forth reports earlier in the day, Jim Ross said Shawn Michaels told him he’s already moved to Florida to start work at the WWE Performance Center.
- Less a rumor than a "rumor killer"... a photo of Undertaker with a fan made the rounds this past weekend. He was holding a cane in the picture, leading to speculation he was having trouble walking, but the fan who posted it to Instagram says it was his friend’s walking stick and the Dead Man is getting around just fine.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.