Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, it's being reported that the word going around is Roman Reigns tested positive for Adderall.
- According to the Observer, Brock Lesnar was originally going to be the first pick in the WWE Draft after his win over Mark Hunt but that was changed when he failed his drug tests.
- Pro Wrestling Sheet reported that Vince McMahon originally wanted to announced the brand split and WWE Draft the night after Money in the Bank. Daniel Bryan was also a part of that plan, and originally he was going to be SmackDown General Manager opposing Shane and Stephanie McMahon on Raw but obviously that was changed. Bryan accepted the job back in May.
- There will be another round of NXT call ups in the fall, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Dave Meltzer has noted that while there haven't been any big returns as far as former WWE stars, that doesn't mean that won't be happening at some point soon.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.