NXT spent the evening taping television leading into its next WWE Network special, NXT Takeover: Back to Brooklyn, which is scheduled for Sat., Aug. 20, 2016, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. That meant the card for the show would be filled out by the time the night was over.
Here’s what went official tonight, based on spoilers (get them in full here):
- Samoa Joe vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT championship)
Nakamura won a match against Blake Murphy and was named the top contender. After initially refusing the match, Joe agreed to it and they had a final confrontation that included one very good photo.
- Asuka vs. Bayley (NXT women’s championship)
They did the contract signing and Bayley showed all the babyface fire you know and love her for.
- Bobby Roode vs. Andrade Almas
After making his television debut to say he was here to make NXT even better than it already is, he interrupted Almas celebrating a win to lay down a challenge.
It also looks like these matches will take place:
- The Revival vs. Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa (Tag team titles)
- American Alpha vs. The Authors of Pain
- Austin Aries vs. No Way Jose
Like the card?