Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Apparently, Vince McMahon was souring on Roman Reigns even before his Wellness violation. With that, there are others backstage lobbying his push should go to someone else - and Vince is listening.
- One possible recipient could be AJ Styles, who a source says Vince has been telling people he wishes he’d signed ten years ago. AJ and Seth Rollins are viewed as frontrunners to headline each brand after the draft.
- Plans still call for a huge Finn Balor push when his call-up comes, but since he’s a "Triple H guy" there’s some worry McMahon could sour on him quickly, a la Apollo Crews.
- Several contracts will be up this Summer, and reports say Triple H is lowballing undercard guys, believing he can easily replace them from NXT
- While there are no indications the McMahons are looking to sell, the UFC deal did raise the issue. Several sources estimated the value of WWE in the mid-$3 billion dollar range, should Vince change his mind.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.