- Titus O’Neil def. Curtis Axel via pinfall following Clash of the Titus
- Baron Corbin def. Dolph Ziggler via pinfall following End of Days
- The Usos def. Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows via pinfall following a Samoan Splash
- Asuka def. Natalya via submission with an Asuka Lock
- New Day def. Vaudevillains via pinfall following a Big Ending
- Charlotte def. Becky Lynch via submission with a Figure 8 Leglock
- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Kevin Owens via pinfall following multiple Kinshasas
- Dean Ambrose def. Seth Rollins, Chris Jericho & AJ Styles via pinfall following Dirty Deeds on Styles
What caught our eye?
The Usos were super-over, but the two highlights of the undercard were said to be a hot opener between Axel & O’Neil (likely because it was the first WWE match Hawaii’s gotten in seven years, but also because of good heel/face dynamic and entertaining guys feeding off the crowd’s energy) and Asuka vs. Natty, which apparently overcame both that the crowd didn’t really know who the NXT Women’s champ was and wanted to cheer Natalya at first to get the reaction they were going for:
@NatbyNature @WWEAsuka nice match ladies! Loved the surfboard in Hawaii Natalya! pic.twitter.com/W72TPdVDw3— Josh (@gravyallovah) June 30, 2016
We thought this show might be a Network special when they advertised Brock Lesnar vs. Owens and Nakamura vs. John Cena. But this was a nice replacement, and started with a reminder you don’t pull that crap on KO’s watch:
KO attacks Nakamura mid-YeaOh! pic.twitter.com/BazplZqOvj— DTAM (@DeathToAllMarks) June 30, 2016
Before getting into stuff like this:
No Cena or Lesnar and we still got OWENS vs Nakamura. Rematch soon!! #WWE #WWEHonolulu #WWEHawaii #KingofStrongStyle pic.twitter.com/mFUFaGsD15— Mind Ctrllers (@mindctrllers) June 30, 2016
Swagsuke hit a couple of running knee strikes Owens kicked out of, before he finally ended after an inverted suplex and third Kinshasa.
Y2J was the only person who got a microphone in-ring (The Club and KO had promos aired from the Titantron) and it was a highlight of the night. Drink in his turning a problematic chant into a great moment:
@IAmJericho "mahu" = gay Jericho is too good, he was the highlight of the show. #WWEHonolulu @WWE pic.twitter.com/ebYG2wbQA7— Kaye Anne (@kannelabtingao) June 30, 2016
And sure, there was a Tower of Doom spot, but there was also this:
@IAmJericho @WWERollins @AJStylesOrg omg!! #WWEHonolulu WOW! Took one for the show Chris! Amazing talent all of u❤️ pic.twitter.com/L05FquHNgs— kianalynn (@kianalynn_x) June 30, 2016
Dean got a huge pop and the main event high marks to end a show which sounds like it was a ton of fun.
The iconic Ryougoku Sumo Hall in Tokyo.