Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, the reason WWE may not want to bring Kurt Angle back right now is because the company is hesitant to do anything with anyone who might be controversial, considering recent issues with Roman Reigns, Jerry Lawler, and Adam Rose.
- WWE is planning 20 pay-per-view shows in 2017 with the new brand split.
- The latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that "as things stand right now" Ricochet will be going to WWE just as soon as he's legally allowed to do so.
- For that matter, WWE is apparently targeting Lucha Underground talent who are able to sign with them.
- TNA is attempting to sign Drew Galloway, Ethan Carter III, Matt Hardy, and Jeff Hardy to new deals.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.