Tonight's episode of SmackDown was filmed on Tuesday night in Tucson, Arizona. We've got a spoiler report for you here. If you just want to get ready for the show without knowing who wins and loses, read on!
The company website is light on details for tonight’s show, and there was even some confusion with live reports resulting in a bad set of spoilers floating around.
What little WWE.com is telling us - Seth Rollins will be there! - is also part of a likely explanation. In the last five days, the Architect has gone from #1 contender to WWE World Heavyweight champ back to #1 contender. The man who started Sunday as champ, who Rollins beat at Money in the Bank and would become co-challenger on Raw, has been suspended for a Wellness Policy violation.
That leaves our titleholder... Dean. Freaking. Ambrose.
Ambrose isn’t being hyped for action tonight, but he’ll almost certainly be there. The shift to our Lunatic champ seemed both sudden and necessary. Expect him to show up on the blue brand and be cheered.
He’ll definitely rundown his former Shield brother Seth, regardless of who “the Man” faces. But will “the Dude” mention “the Guy”, as he did in an interview yesterday?
Even when we know he won’t be there, we’re all focused on what WWE will do with the Big Dog.
The Title Scene
Charlotte picked a win without even putting her Women’s championship on the line this past Sunday, and she saw her two most recent rivals turn on each other when Natalya attacked Becky Lynch. It looked like smooth sailing for the Queen and her sidekick Dana Brooke, but then Sasha Banks showed up... and all bets are off.
In ruining Titus O’Neil’s Father’s Day, Rusev may have made a miscalculation. It seems Titus doesn’t care about his United States title anymore. Now he just wants to kick some Bulgarian ass.
Finally remembering to check in with us from the set of The Marine 5, Intercontinental champ Miz planted the seed for a return. When he’s done celebrating with the rest of “The Land”, that is.
After surviving a Fatal 4Way with their tag belts, The New Day were looking for new competition, I guess. Can’t think of any other reason Big E, Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods would decide to cut in on Bray Wyatt’s return from injury. The Eater of Worlds promised a response to their comedic disrespect... and they unicorn-loving trio might want to keep an eye on X.
Other stuff to keep an eye on:
- He may have claimed to not like how he beat John Cena at the pay-per-view (PPV), but that didn’t stop AJ Styles from joining Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows in another beatdown of the Face That Runs The Place. Will Cena get some back-up, or will he take on the Club by himself like they were the Nexus, or the Wyatts, or...
- Not sure if you heard, but Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens are destined to fight forever. Neither man wants to stop after Zayn picked up a win on Monday and it took an army of officials to separate them backstage.
- They’re doing better than the other guys in Sunday’s ladder match, as other than winner Ambrose and those two, Chris Jericho, Cesaro & Alberto Del Rio kind of got lost in the shuffle on Raw.
- If Enzo Amore & Big Cass had a dime for everyone other than the Vaudevillains they had to be in a one-sided feud with right now...
- Baron Corbin & Apollo Crews are NXT alums on win streaks. Maybe they should rekindle their feud from that brand?
(Note: I know some folks have come looking for a more definitive match listing - that will be posted behind spoiler text in the comments. If WWE.com releases more information on anything that's officially going to take place on tonight's show, that'll be updated here)
See you tonight for SmackDown!