Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, no sources in WWE have confirmed the idea of the company running 20 PPV shows a year for Raw and SmackDown but none have denied the story either.
- While it's expected that there will be plenty of NXT call ups to accommodate the upcoming brand split, apparently nothing is finalized just yet, according to the Observer.
- One reason Finn Balor's call up may have been delayed is because of all the returns still to come in WWE, like Randy Orton, The Wyatt Family, and Neville.
- Speaking of which, The Wyatt Family are expected back before Orton and it's likely that's coming as early as next week.
- Shinsuke Nakamura could very well get a run with the NXT title before he's called up to the main roster.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.