Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that -- rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it's just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sami Zayn is reportedly being booked to lose a lot with the theory being it will lead to fans getting behind him more. Vince McMahon and company think because he has a likeable personality and is a good worker they can re-create a Daniel Bryan build to get him over.
- The tag team Paul Ellering debuted at TakeOver: The End... may be called the Legion of Doom on television rather than their name from the house show circuit (Authors of Pain). WWE filed for the trademark on LoD recently for use in live and televised wrestling exhibitions.
- According to TicketMaster, NXT’s next live event will be called TakeOver: Back to Brooklyn.
- TNA is trying to lock-up talents to deals that allow the company to control outside bookings. Drew Galloway is reportedly on the list of wrestlers they’d like to sign to such a deal, which would likely end his affiliation with EVOLVE.
- Triple H’s recent meeting with NWA President Bruce Tharpe is said to be part of negotiations for the Paul Boesch Houston Wrestling library.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you'd like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. Have fun with it.