Ring of Honor (ROH) returns to pay-per-view (PPV) tomorrow night, May 8. And, as they are wont to do lately, they're bringing New Japan with them.
For the third year in a row, the two promotions are working a tour of the Northern United States and Canada together. Unlike in the past, the two promotions are very much blended together in an ongoing way, with stars from both companies routinely participating in the other company's shows.
Heck, a New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) guy has held ROH's Television title for the last three months.
So, while it's not as "special" as in the past, Global Wars still has several interesting storylines and "dream match" type contests in its line-up.
Check it out, along with videos to catch you up on the bigger angles:
- Kelly Klein vs. Crazy Mary Dobson (Pre-show)
- The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian) vs. Jushin Liger and Cheeseburger
* Bullet Club (Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson, Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa) vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley), KUSHIDA & Matt Sydal
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin vs. Kazuchika Okada & Moose
- ACH vs. Roderick Strong vs. Dalton Castle vs. Adam Page in a Four Corners Survival match to determine the #1 contender for the TV Title
- War Machine (c) vs. The Briscoe Brothers for the ROH Tag Team Title
- Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs. Bobby Fish for the ROH TV Title
- Tetsuya Naito vs. Kyle O'Reilly (non-title)
- Jay Lethal vs. Colt Cabana for the ROH World Title
Tickets are sold out for Chicago's Frontier Fieldhouse, but you can catch the show on traditional PPV (list of carriers here) or stream it directly from ROH's website here. The internet PPV costs $34.95 US.
Catch up on all the stories which brought us to Global Wars with our weekly coverage of ROH TV here, and join us tomorrow night for a results and open thread!